Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Worth the Splurge: Fave Toasting Flutes for the Fab Bride and Groom

I happen to be turning 30 in just over a month. Not that I'm panicking about it or anything. No really, no panic here, people...

What I am doing is planning on toasting the big 3-0 with my mom, who turns the big(ger) 6-0 on the very same day! Having the same birthday as my mom has always been a hoot, but this year is beyond mayjah and we will be celebrating accordingly (along with the hubby, who will certainly have his hands full with the two of us!).

To that end, I bought a pair of adorable Emma Bridgewater toasting flutes while in London last week:

Yes! They say "Fizz!" How cute, right?
I heart champagne flutes. I collect them in pairs instead of owning a full set in one style, because there are so many fun flutes from which to choose! I also think toasting flutes are a very worthwhile wedding splurge. Invest in a pair that strike your fancy, use them at your wedding, and you will love them forever (I promise).

Herewith, some of my very favorites:

Simon Pearce Stratton Flute
You can never go wrong with Simon Pearce. The hubby and I received these as a gift before our wedding and used them happily. My Vermont bride and her groom had them too! At $85 a pop, they are a worthwhile splurge. Simon Pearce glass is gorgeous, heavy, and handcrafted. Plus, they hold a LOT of bubbly. Bonus!

I am also basically obsessed with Juliska. Their glassware reminds me of Ancient Rome - and who wouldn't want to feel like a Roman princess on her wedding day? See this piece of fabulosity:

Juliska Victoria Tall Flute
Positively regal at $96 each.

Another Juliska gem that is more modern and less pricey (a relative steal at $74!):

Say hello to Graham!

I covet this flute. CO. VET. I think this is the perfect toasting flute for a wedding. Why, you ask? Is the detail on the flute not reminiscent of an engagement ring? Why yes, it is! Gorgeous, no? Yes!

And now I need a glass of wine.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails