Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Fashionspiration #1: Fall 2010 Faves

It's that time again... time for the world's most fabulous fashionistas (and fashionistos) to descend upon NYC and present their Spring/Summer 2011 collections at Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week.

I adore Fashion Week. Every season I pore over the slideshows on New York Magazine's incredibly comprehensive website. I even went to a few shows myself a few years ago!

In honor of this most magnificent event and to inaugurate my Friday Fashionspiration column, I present some of the standouts from the Fall 2010 bridal shows.

Just a note before I proceed: my wedding dress cost $700 and I loved it to bits. So I don't post these dresses as a shopping guide, but as an inspiration guide!

Even though this dress is Badgely Mischka, it reminds me of the Verawesomeness worn by Chelsea on her big day:
Photo via NYMag.com
The sweetheart neckline! The bejeweled belt! The full, flouncy, fabulous skirt! The boys at Badgley Mischka know how to flatter a girl.

I could never have pulled off a Jenny Packham number (I need me some A-line, people!), but I love what she does. Simple silhouettes punctuated by often bedazzled features such as plunging necklines, tiered skirts, and strong shoulders as we see here:
Photo via NYMag.com
Those shoulders are so now, yet the dress is a classic. And I love the waistline. Just gorge.

It's no wonder why Monique Lhuillier's gowns are so insanely popular with celebs and big-budgeted brides alike. She is always up to something innovative, yet her designs will stand the test of time. I love how she brings florals into this spectacular number:
Photo via NYMag.com
Unexpected, gung-ho, and gorgeous.

Speaking of unexpected, ah Vera. You never cease to leave us in shock and awe:
Photo via NYMag.com
Would YOU wear a lavender dress on your wedding day? Dresses of color are becoming increasingly popular, after all. I think this particular dress is spectacular, but a bit ahead of its time. Still, isn't that why we love the wonderful world of haute couture? If this dress is a sign of things to come, then this industry will remain a very beautiful and exciting place to be.


Which dress is your favorite? Are haute couture wedding gowns worth the splurge? Leave your comments!

Happy Labor Day Weekend and, more importantly, Labor Day sale shopping...

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails