Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Top 5 Paper Anniversary Gift Ideas

As y'all know, the hubby and I chose to have a spa weekend instead of going the traditional route for our first - or "paper" - wedding anniversary. But then I received an amazing first anniversary paper gift from my friend Alex in the mail - a gift that knocked my socks off and had me reaching for the Kleenex box. While the hubby and I have not chosen the traditional route for our wedding anniversaries, I think it can be a fun and creative way to go. In fact, I had a paper gift all planned before we decided to head to the spa instead!

For those nearlyweds and newlyweds who want to brave the traditional route, here are my top five favorite paper anniversary gift ideas:

1. Paper Anniversary Toilet Paper!

From the cheeky (so to speak) folks at JustPaperRoses.com
OK obv I am kidding and if my husband had bought this for me he would have spent our anniversary crafting a bed out of it. But I just had to post this because I think it is hilarious.

2. Have a calligrapher write out your fave section of your wedding ceremony and frame it.

Just be sure to keep Kleenex on a table nearby.
So this is what I had planned to do for my hubby. We received the gorgeous calligraphy above as a gift from the friend who married us and I cannot wait to frame it. Lovely!

3. Frame your wedding invitation next to your favorite wedding photo. Or frame one of your wedding ceremony readings next to a ceremony photo. Can't go wrong either way!

4. Make a wedding scrapbook. Though, let's face it, women are generally more appreciative of scrapbooks than men. And I feel that I can say this because I married a man who will watch "Glee" and "Dancing with the Stars" with me, and yet is SO not into scrapbooks and photo albums.

5. Slap your monogram on a variety of paper goods. Sky's the limit here. Stationery, notepads, sticky notes, cocktail napkins... just not toilet paper.

Leave a comment with your favorite anniversary gift ideas - I'd love to hear 'em!

Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. These are all wonderful anniversary gift ideas! You should check out this paper anniversary gift. It brings a whole ne meaning to "Your Day, Your Way"!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails