Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NYFW Fashionspiration #1: Best Could-Be Wedding Gowns

New York Fashion Week is always too fabulous for words, and last week's Spring 2011 collections certainly did not disappoint. There is simply too much fabulosity to contain in one blog post, so herein I present favorite Spring '11 gowns in which it would be A to the Mazing to walk (float?) down the aisle.

Just to clarify: these gowns are from the Spring 2011 collections, not bridal collections! I always love when a bride finds the perfect white dress to use as her wedding gown. Straying from bridal collections keeps your look unique and (not so much with the gowns below but usually) saves considerate dough.

Ahem. Drum roll please...

Marchesa Spring 2011 (This and all images via NYMag.com)

I mean. Are you kidding me with this gorgeousness? Somehow the Marchesa gals' designs get better and better with each season that passes. I love the vintage luxe feel of this dress. And one shoulder is always classic and sexy!

Also reliably classic? Oscar de la Renta. I love this champagne confection:

Oscar de la Renta Spring 2011

Ooh! Ooh! But I A to the Dore this one too! Perfect for a girly bride who loves pink:

Oscar de la Renta Spring 2011
I'm not sure what fabrics make up this dress, but I love the look of the texture and the modern neckline to boot:

Prabal Gurung Spring 2011

Speaking of lovely necklines:

Tadashi Shoji Spring 2011

And I always love me a good boat neck:

Carmen Marc Valvo Spring 2011
This dress even comes with its own train! A friend of mine got married in a gorgeous Oscar de la Renta boat neck gown and since then I have been a big fan of this look for brides. The high neck is conservative, yet classic and very flattering to a variety of body types.

And finally, because I have a hunch (named Vera Wang) that wedding dresses of color will be making more and more of a splash, a beautiful gray number also from Carmen Marc Valvo:

Carmen Marc Valvo Spring 2011
Plus, the bow belt doubles as "something blue"! Now, this may not seem bridal to you... but remember Vera Wang's lavender dress from Fall 2010? Purples, greens, and grays are regularly popping up on bridal runways. Gray is our personal favorite alternate wedding gown hue. Just FYI.

Which of the above dresses is your favorite?

More to come tomorrow!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails