Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Fashionspiration #4: Jewel Tone Manolos. Hot.

Believe it or not, I am not actually a shoe person. (Don't worry about me though! Where I lack lust for shoes I more than make up in my obsession with handbags. I promise.) However I can't stop gawking at the current crop of jewel-tone Manolo Blahnik beauties out this season. And in my gawking I can't help but think how fabulous two of his iconic models - the Sedaraby D'Orsay and the Hangisi - would look on fall and winter brides. The jewel tones add an unexpected twist, while the designs are absolutely classic and stunning.

I'll take one of each please. Thank you, Bergdorf Goodman.
The "Something Blue" jeweled satin Hangisi (bottom right) was of course made beyond iconic by SJP in the first "Sex and the City" movie. The object of Carrie Bradshaw's lust - possibly the most fabulous "something blue" a bride can wear, no? - has since been transformed into a gorgeous dark gray model which is right on trend with current hot wedding color palettes. Drool.

In general though, brides like to show off a good pedi. And what better way than to don a pair of jeweled satin Sedaraby D'Orsay pumps? I absolutely love the peacock blue, and the extra bling on the claret red is basically to die for. Winter wedding perfection.

Which pair is your fave? Would you choose jewel tones over classic bridal white for your wedding shoe?

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails