Monday, October 18, 2010

Bridal Tip: Freeze your Wedding Cake. Seriously. Do it.

It might not look as good, but YUM. (Photo on the right by Snap!)

This week I am celebrating my 30th birthday (which is tomorrow, y'all) and my mom is in town and it is HER 60th birthday ON THE SAME DAY so I am going to keep the blog posts short and sweet this week. Mom and I have an extravaganza of a birthday to celebrate, after all.

So a quick tip for all you brides-to-be out there: if there is any one wedding tradition that you choose to follow, let it be the freezing of the top tier of your wedding cake. Now, I know that cupcakes and dessert tables seem to be mayjah trends right now. And that is fine by me. I am an equal opportunity dessert advocate. The more sweets the better. Just trust me when I say this: get yourself a good pastry chef, and make sure there is something to freeze.

For those of you paying attention, yes, I have already mentioned that our cake (shown above in September 2009 and September 2010) tasted just as good on our first anniversary as it did at our wedding. But even if the cake had tasted crap, the experience of opening the cake box one year after our wedding was so much fun, and brought back all our memories of our day. 

Life moves fast, and your wedding goes by in the blink of an eye. Give yourself a chance to experience a little of the magic of your wedding day when you toast yourselves one year later. You'll be glad you did!

Cheers,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails