Thursday, October 7, 2010

Etsy's BEST Wedding Dress Hangers

As much as I loved my wedding day, there are a few things I would have done differently - and that I do do differently with my brides now that I am a bride adviser. My wedding day "woulda, coulda, shoulda"'s are all in the wee details - and I'll always be grateful that nothing mayjah went awry. Still, there are some small but powerful lessons to be imparted unto the nearlywed. So listen up, lovelies.

There is no excuse to burden your wedding dress of dreams with a crappy, ugly hanger. 

You will only wear this dress on this one very important day. And unless you plan to cut a viewing window into your archival box, you will not lay eyes on it again for decades. Your photographer will inevitably snap your gown. So give it a chance to look as fabulous on its hanger as it will look on you! Or, well, almost as fabulous, obv.

Case in point:

I loved my dress. It did not deserve this fugtastic hanger. (Photo by Snap!)
Fortunately, a closetful of creative folks on Etsy have caught on to this fashion tragedy and come up with some very cute, affordable options that will turn your hanging dress into a true photo op.

The "Original Silver" hanger has gotten a lot of attention in the wedblogosphere, and for good reason! This hanger is simple and adorable. You can personalize your hanger with up to 14 characters. The artist, LilaFrances, is clearly an expert metal manipulator. A great choice for a light, simple, classic wedding dress.

Photo via LilaFrances on Etsy.com
If your dress has a little more oomph, you need a hanger that is stronger. Here is a lovely wooden hanger covered in silk, with cute little ties on each end to secure your dress straps.

Photo via Silayaya on Etsy.com
I also love these monogrammed padded woven hangers. The ribbon and monogram color are customizable - hello, wedding color palette! A hanger like this would look great with a vintage-looking ivory gown.

Photo via NutfieldWeaver on Etsy.com
If I could do it all again, which would I choose? Well, I think I would have to stay loyal to my favorite color, orange, which was also the accent color in my wedding color palette. Finding this orange satin dress hanger sent a momentary pang of longing through my heart and made me wish I knew how to use Photoshop. A to the Dorable.

Photo via Kim Grant, Ink on Etsy.com
Want to have a super cute dress photo? Get personalized hangers for your bridesmaids too! 

Which hanger is your favorite? What other creative wedding dress hangers or photo op options are out there? Leave a comment!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails