Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bridal Tip: Immortalize Your Bouquet

One of the best things about being a bride adviser is sharing lessons learned - both the good and the bad - from my own wedding. From finding a nice hanger for your wedding dress to freezing your wedding cake... these are the little details that can make a big difference.

I learned a TON from bridal blogs and magazines when planning my wedding. But one of my favorite lessons (and its accompanying memento) came courtesy of my mother-in-law. The day after my wedding, my mother-in-law whisked my bridal bouquet away... and I didn't see it for several months. I was a little nervous - after all, I hadn't given her permission to take my bouquet and I had no idea what she had done with it. Was she having it pressed? Frozen? What else can you even do with a bouquet?

Well, something like this:

Photos via Salt Marsh Pottery
How brilliant is this? Salt Marsh Pottery, in Dartmouth, MA, creates these lovely "wedding commemoratives" by pressing the bouquet flowers into the clay, arranging and drying them, and then painting and glazing. The entire process is done by hand. They make a variety of products, from bowls and large plates to more affordable trivets:


Their smallest piece would be well suited to your groom's boutonniere:


The perfect wedding mementos to feather your newlywed nest!

Former brides, what did *you* do with your bouquet?

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails