Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And so it begins... again

Getting back into blogging is like riding a bike, swapping a sore bum for minor eye strain.

Ah, it's good to be back! The last time I dabbled in the blogosphere, I was writing about how my MBA program was taking a toll on my pre-wedding primping. Fortunately, it all worked out in the end. I got my MBA in Cambridge (the England one, not the Boston one), got hitched in Portsmouth (the Rhode Island one, not the England one), got a job (with the 2012 Olympics!).

The Jen Triptych: with diploma, as bride, with Olympic mascot
And then? Why, I left my job! Alas, it was time for the hubby and me to leave London and head back to NYC.

So here I am, back in the most fabulous, vibrant, lovely corner of the blogosphere: blogging about weddings.

But here's the thing: since I last immersed myself in the wondrous world of wedding blogs (while planning my September 2009 nuptials and during the occasional dull MBA lecture), these blogs have multiplied like the facets on a million-dollar, platinum-set rock. And I love it!

I love it because I know firsthand how inspiring blog content can be for brides. I love it because it's fantastic that so many newlyweds are getting the attention they deserve for the personal, innovative, beautiful weddings they create. I love it because it presents me with a challenge, a conundrum to conquer.

Thus I conunder (which should totally be a real word): how will I set myself apart? How will I offer useful content that will compliment the fabulosity that's already out there?

Here is my answer, at least for now:

In addition to sharing ideas and inspiration, I am also going to take y'all on a journey. My journey to set up my new bridal advisory company, AnyWay Weddings. I have never started a company before, but it's something I've wanted to do for a long time. And now the time is right.

So please join me! Subscribe to or follow my budding blog! Offer your comments, advice, tips, and feedback!

The adventure begins.

Cheers,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails