Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Saying "I Do" at Disney

First of all, apologies for the irregular blogging this week. Four consecutive weekends of travel have taken their toll here at AWW... But! We'll be here all week! Try the veal.

This weekend, I am off to Disney World with the hubby. He will be doing a consulting project while I practice being a trophy wife - hitting the gym, sitting by the pool, reading chick lit on my Kindle. I haven't been to Disney World since I was six (and was too shy to talk to Minnie Mouse) so I am pretty excited to see how the place has changed. And to ride the rollercoasters.

I also hope to catch a glimpse of some weddings while we're there, as I must admit I'm fascinated by the whole "Disney Fairy Tale Weddings" culture.

I mean, this? Is undeniably cheesy:

Photo via About.com

But all of this? I could get into:

Photo via Luxury Launches

As it turns out, you don't have to invite Mickey and Minnie and arrive in Cinderella's carriage if you get hitched in Disney World (unless you want to, that is). Au contraire, Disney can put on a heckofa classy party too - thanks to this guy:

Photo via Disney Weddings

All hail David Tutera, lord of the classy wedding! David and Disney have joined forces to create Disney's Couture Collection - one of three different wedding collections from which a Disney bride can choose. This is the most flexible of the three collections, with an emphasis on personalization. After choosing one of the four themes depicted above, you can customize your wedding menu, decor, and more.

Being a Disney princess come cheap though. Disney Couture weddings start at $65,000 (Eek!). The other collections are less pricey but also less customizable. Quite.

I remain of a mixed opinion about weddings chez Disney. Perhaps our little vacay will sway me one way or the other.

Would you ever have a Disney wedding? 

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails